So, when I decided to go on my first trek I did not even know what a trek was and I was looking for information here and there. Here is what to expect from your first trek based on my experience.
What is a Trek : A trek is a long walk usually in mountain on foot and for more than 2 days. We need to camp overnight to sleep wherever we decided to take a break for sleeping.
Physical Exercise : You need to be physically fit with strength to be able to walk/climb continuously for 7-8 hours daily. We will take small breaks after every hour though.
Here is a list of things you need to carry
- 3 synthetic undershirts
- 3 long-sleeve shirts
- 3 t-shirts
- 2 pair of pants (suitable weight for current weather)
- 3 pair of underwear (long underwear if needed)
- 4 pair of socks
- 1 hiking boots
- 1 sandals (for wearing when not hiking )
- 1 waterproof windbreaker
- 1 heavy jacket
- 1 rain-gear – ponchos can drape over your pack and save you the expense of a waterproof pack-cover.
- hat & beanie
- fleece jacket
- Paper soaps/ Hand Sanitizer/ Insect repellent
- Rucksack 50/ 60 litres
- Small bagpack to carry your snacks, water, raingear while climbing
- Water Bottle
- Torch/ Batteries,